The OCHJS invites applications for its new Makor Manuscripts Visiting Fellowship from applicants who are current, established academics and/or postdoctoral researchers working on any aspect of Hebrew and/or Jewish manuscript studies. (Doctoral students are not eligible to apply.) The deadline to apply is 18 November 2022 at 12 noon UK time.
The successful applicant will become a Visiting Fellow of the OCHJS for at least one calendar month during either Oxford University’s Hilary Term 2023 or Trinity Term 2023. The Visiting Fellow will be the recipient of a £2,000 honorarium.
To apply, please consult the following:
Proposals, in no more than 2 pages, should include the following information:
- Title of Project
- Description of subject
- Research methods to be used
- Possibilities for innovation through the research project
- Reasons why Oxford is particularly appropriate as the venue for the research, including titles of materials that might be consulted as part of the project
- Value of the project for the development of Jewish Studies as an academic subject
- Outcomes of the project (e.g., articles, book chapters, etc.)
Please attach a curriculum vitae and publication list in addition to the proposal, along with a completed application form. Additionally, please ensure that 1 academic letter of reference is submitted directly to the Academic Registrar (details below) by email before the application deadline. The responsibility for ensuring said letter of reference is submitted rests solely with the applicant.
Please send your proposal and required materials to the OCHJS Academic Registrar and OSRJL Coordinator, Ms Madeleine Trivasse, via email (email@example.com) by 18 November at 12 noon UK Time.